Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Roseville Vacation - Part 2

So here is our part 2 of our vacation. After Yosemite, Jared and I drove the 4 hours to Roseville, CA. For those that don't know where that is, it's about 30 minutes north of Sacramento. We spent the first day driving around Roseville. Jared had a lot of fun showing me around at all the places he remembered from his mission. It was great to hear all the stories that he suddenly remembered after driving around the area.

We then made an effort and did a session at the Sacramento Temple. It is a beautiful temple that is nessled up in the hills of Rancho Cordova. It reminded me a lot of the Newport Beach Temple. Jared was serving his mission during the time of the open house and dedication. At that time he was working in the Mission Office and was able to work a lot with the open house. We stopped by the Mission Office, but it was closed. After the temple I went to my friend Kristen's bridal shower in Granite Bay. We have been friends since elementary school. It was great to get to spend time with her and see her family.

Jared infront of the Mission Office.
Jared and I infront of the Sacramento Temple.

Sunday, we drove up to Marysville which is north of Wheatland to go to church. It was great to meet some of the people that Jared served on his mission. They all said that he was an amazing missionary, but I already knew that. After church we spent some time at Kristen Wortham's house. She is the sweetest person I have ever met. Jared and I absolutely love her. Jared and his companion taught Kristen. It was great to meet someone who's life was changed because of Jared. We also spent time with The Blake's. They were so sweet. They live in Antelope, which was Jared's first area.
Monday (Memorial Day) we went down to Sacramento. We both have never seen the Capital so we decided to walk around there. Behind the Capital was a large park with different memorial's. We felt that this was a great thing to do on Memorial Day. After visitng Sacramento, Jared and I went back to Roseville and had lunch at this place called Mr. Pickle's. It was a great sandwich place, however very expensive. The whole place had a Jim Carrey theme. I guess that the other places have different celebrity themes. After lunch, we met up with Jared's friend Bryce and his girlfriend Shelby and went to Folsom Lake. There were so many people there, but we figured that would happen. Bryce and Jared went skimboarding while Shelby and I layed out on shore. Apparently, Jared said that skimboarding was a lot different at the lake than at the beach, and he prefers doing it at the beach. (I don't blame hime since there were rocks everywhere.) After a great day at the lake we went to see 'Terminated Salvation' with Bryce and Shelby. I wasn't too big of a fan of the movie, but the action in it was great. Arnold makes an appearance in the movie and it totally ruined it for me.

Jared and I infront of the State Capital.
In the Capital they had a bunch of these for each county. Here is the one from Orange County.
Infront of Arnold's office.
More stuff from inside the Capital.
Jared and I infront of a monument in the park behind the State Capital.
I found this plaque infront of a monument for the Vietnam War. "Take what they have left and what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own. And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heros you left behind."
Folsom Lake, CA

That was our wonderful vacation. We can't wait to plan another trip there. I love Northern California. It was so beautiful!!

1 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

What a fun vacation! Yea that hike looked pretty serious! I have always wanted to go up to Northern Cal.....it looks beautiful!