Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tribute to Great Grandma Ruth

My Great-Grandma, Ruth Goodwin, passed away on Monday, June 1, 2009 at 7:10pm. She was 88 years old. She passed away in the comfort of her own room at her son’s house in Anaheim Hills. I am so grateful that I was able to be with her during her last minutes.

She was such an amazing grandma. Something that will stay in my mind forever is the countless hours that we used to watch Shirley Temple movies. These were some of her favorite movies, and she passed that love down to me. I feel very fortunate to have been able to spend time with my great grandma. She was such a loving, fun, beautiful person. She will be greatly missed.
I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that I will be able to see her again someday. I know that she is happier now that she is together with her husband, whom she lost over 20 years ago and a baby that died at birth. She lived an amazing life and was able to travel the world. A week ago, Jared and I were able to sit and talk with her. Jared asked her if she had any advice for us being a newly married couple. Her only response was to “love each other unconditionally.”

Thank you for everything GG. I love you.

1 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

I am really sorry to hear about your loss.Its good you have lots of memories, She sounds like a great woman.