Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yosemite Vacation - Part 1

Jared and I recently went to visit his mission in Roseville, CA this past weekend. Since there are a lot of pictures I decided to split it into two different posts. Before going to Roseville, we stopped in Yosemite National Park to attempt to hike Half Dome. After going on the hikes at Girls Camp and some family hikes through out my life, I thought that this wouldn't be too difficult... well I was VERY WRONG. This was the hardest hike I have ever been on in my life!! Normally, the hikd is about 16.5 miles roundtrip, well we ended up getting lost (TWICE) coming back down and it ended up being almost an 18 mile hike for us. By the time we got to the car, Jared and I were walking like we were 80 years-old. It has taken us a couple days to fully recover from that, but everything considered it was an amazing hike. I have never been to Yosemite before, and it was absolutely beautiful!! I would definately go back again. Here are some pictures from our hike.

Yosemite National Park!
Jared and I just starting our hike.
Crossing over the River. We took the 'Misty Trail' up to Half Dome.
Me starting the climb up the "Misty Trail'. We hiked along side the waterfall.
Jared hiking along the 'Misty Trail'.
Still hiking... it shouldn't be called 'Misty Trail' it should be called 'Get Soaked by the Mist and Wind Trail'.
Our view from the top of the water fall.
Looking out over the waterfall. It was beautiful!!
Jared and I on top of the falls... still a long way to go.
We saw 5 deer along the trail. Jared almost got to touch one but some hikers came and scared it.
Jared almost to the top!!
Me almost to the top!!
This is Half Dome... 8,800 feet high.
FINALLY reaching the top of Half Dome. Here was our beautiful view!
Jared and I on top of Half Dome. So exhausted and dreading our hike back down.
This is what we had to hike up to get to the top. You can see some hikers coming up. This was the hardest part.
Jared on his way down. This part was really scarey and hard on our knees and legs. It was like walking down a billion steep steps.
Driving out of Yosemite we saw this sunset so I had to take a picture. BEAUTIFUL!!!

1 comments:

Julie said...

I cant believe you wore jeans on a hike! You're crazy! Looks intense though, I'm impressed!!