Sunday, August 8, 2010

Amazing Book Series

I started reading these books and I LOVE them!! I think I may like this series better than Twilight. I am so excited for the movie to come out next year. Below each of the books is a quick synopsis of each book.

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before - and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making chioces that weight survival against humanity and life against love.


Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gales holds herat an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create. Much to her shock, Katniss has fueld an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they cant prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

This book is coming out on August 24, 2010. I am so excited to read it! I have already pre-ordered my copy so I can start reading it as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Kathryn M said...

I've heard so much about these but haven't (found the time to) read them. I'll keep them on my book list!

Shelley said...

I read these a couple of times and I also preordered my copy of the third one! I'm so excited! I didn't know a movie was coming out next year though!

Ryan and Krissy said...

I LOVE these books too!!!! I am super excited for the third one. When the second one ended I was like NO!!! You can't end there!!! HAHAHA I had to wait a whole YEAR!!!

Allison said...

I've read the first one loved it! I got the second one for my birthday last year and I still haven't had time to sit down and read it. But now that a third one is coming out, I'm definitely going to make time for it.