Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Family Time In Utah

This past weekend Jared and I went to St. George, UT for a Rummler Family Reunion and to celebrate his grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. We did so many great things while we were there...
On the 4th of July we all met at the Pine Valley State Park for a family picnic and some fun times. Jared and I went on a walk around a small part of the park and saw a deer near our picnic area. We had fun playing games and talking with the family. We had dinner that night at a restaurant called The Pizza Factory... that was amazing pizza. The bread sticks were huge... but so incredibly good!! We went to a nearby park to watch the fireworks, then before heading back to the hotel we lit a couple of our own fireworks in a empty parking lot.
Jared and I at Pine Valley State Park
We saw a deer while we were at the park.
Saturday was probably my favorite day. In the morning, Jared and I got up and did a session at the St. George Temple. That was such a beautiful temple. Jared was talking to one of the men in our session and he said there is about 20+ sealing rooms in the temple. We were able to see some of the sealing rooms. After the temple we hurried to Grandma and Grandpa's house. They had rented a couple things for the kids to play on during the day. One of those things was a rock climbing wall... I had never done it before and was really nervous. So, I did the really easy course (atleats that is what they told me), and Jared did the expert course. Once I got to the top I was very proud of myself for making it to the top because I was getting alittle scared climbing and trying to figure out where my hands and feet were going to go next. When I rang the bell, I looked at the guy in charge of it and asked how I got down... he told me to just hang on to my bungy rope and jump off. It took me a minute to realize what he said and to realize that was the only way down... so I jumped. Some of the other fun things they had were a large slip-n-slide and a huge slide. That night was also Grandma and Grandpa's 50th Anniversary party. So after a day of fun we hurried back to our hotel and got ready for the party. Each family took a family picture before the party started. Then we took a huge family picture.

Jared and I infront of the St. George Temple.

Jared and I rock climbing.

Family Picture!

All the Rummlers!

Grandma and Grandpa Rummler at their 50th Wedding Anniversary party.

1 comments:

K and A Edgeworth said...

your pictures are really cute! looks like you guys had a lot of fun!