Friday, November 12, 2010

San Diego Trip

For Halloween weekend, we decided that we needed a little vacation. Over the summer we purchased a membership to the San Diego Zoo. It had been a very long time since I had been to any kind of zoo so I was so excited. After work on Friday we went to a hockey game. One of Jared's bosses has season tickets so we get to go every once in a while.
After the game we drove down to San Diego. Out hotel was probably the oldest hotel that I have ever stayed in. It was nice but at the same time a little creepy. Jared, of course, had to keep pointing that out and freaking me out. We stayed at the Park Manor Suites across the street from the Balboa Park.
Below are some pictures from our Zoo trip.
We took these fun things over the Zoo to the other side instead of hiking over there.
Jared loves the Gorilla's
Jared with the Panda's

I love Koala's. They are so soft and cute!
This guy spent 15 minutes trying to get his bone out from between two rocks, just to play with it for 1 minute and put it back. I am convinced that he was hiding it from his friend that was in the same area as him.
Jared bought me this little guy. I named him Po.
Jared kept playing with this little guy. He liked him.
My hand is so tiny compared to a Gorilla's
Mr. Panda Bear
I love Panda Bears!

1 comments:

Jared and Kimberly Asendorf said...

The San Diego Zoo rocks! :) I loved the pics you took. I'm also glad that you survived that hotel, too!! Never been, but it sounds creepy. Lol. And I guess that I'm probably cheating commenting on this post, about your newest one...but great job on that quilt! If I ever get preggo, I'll buy one from you. :)