Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

This 4th of July weekend was filled with so many things. We went to the beach, spent time with family, went to a 4th of July party, and went to Disneyland.

My cousin Christine and her fiance, Nathan, came into town for the weekend from Missouri. Thay haven't visited since our wedding over two years ago, so it was nice to get to spend some time with them. On Saturday, Jared and I took them to Huntington Beach. It started out horrible.. and didn't really get better. We got there and it was total June Gloom and it was FREEZING. We decided to wait it out and walk around the shops on Main Street and the booths that were set up by the pier. Finally the sun started to come out and we decided to stay at the beach. Jared was brave enough to go in the water, so he went skim boarding while the rest of us relaxed on the shore. Well, I was very stupid and didn't put on sun screen and then fell asleep. I was sun burnt from head to toe. It didn't hurt yet but I knew it was only a matter of time. We had lunch at BJ's on Main Street. Nathan and Christine had never been there, so we thought it would be fun. They loved it... especially the pizooki (spell?). Because of my sun burn I spent the rest of the day putting aloe on and taking baking soda baths.

On Sunday, my grandparents had a big 4th of July party at their house. It was fully of yummy BBQ foods and lots of fun things to do. They had a magician, small basketball video games, pinball machines, a ping pong table, and slot cars. The slot cars were so much fun!!! We had so much fun with all of the friends and family that were there to celebrate with us. Unforunately, I didn't take any pictures, but a friend of ours did so once I get those I will up load them.

Monday we met up with Nathan, Christine, my brother Blake and his fiance Rachel, at Disneyland. We had reservations for Club 33 that we almost didn't make because we got stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Thankfully, we got off the ride just in time for our dinner reservations. Dinner was yummy... of course, and we had so much fun with everyone!

0 comments: