Sunday, April 3, 2011

Staycation

For Jared's Spring Break we wanted to do a mini vacation. Since I am working full time and don't get a Spring Break from work we decided to spend the day at the beach. We booked a room at the Laguna Cliff's Resort and Spa in Dana Point. It was so beautiful! We drove down there on Thursday and left on Friday. On Friday we had breakfast in bed and then went to Laguna Beach. Jared spent the afternoon skimboarding and I spent it laying on the beach reading my book and sleeping. Before we left, we had lunch at BJ's Pizza. So yummy! Even though our little vacation was short, I am grateful that we have the opportunity to take these little vacations and that we live in this beautiful state with beautiful beaches and hotels.

Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa Our Room
Jared on the balcony of our hotel room.
Such a lovely view from the room.

1 comments:

Jared and Kimberly Asendorf said...

That looks like an amazing hotel! You guys know how to celebrate. :) P.S. Happy belated wedding anniversary! My Jared and I are about to have our 3 years celebration next month. I can't believe how fast that time has gone!! Kinda crazy! Oh yeah, when I was flying back from Utah 2 weeks ago, I saw our old Bishop DeMille from the LaHabra ward! :) That was a fun ward..I loved how we were all newlyweds at the time. I wonder how Sharolyn is...if you talk to her, tell her HI from me ( if she still remembers me) ;) Lol...but ya! I just thought I'd let you know that a friend of mine is having a summer craft boutique, in Lakewood CA on June 10th and she'd like to have a good set of vendors. I told her of your talent of making cute quilts and she got all excited! Lol. :) I told her I would contact you to see if you're interested in maybe being one of her vendors in her craft boutique. It's alright if you can't, but if you are interested, you can contact her at: littlemissandlittlemister@yahoo.com OR if you look at my blog list and click on the attwoods, you can find out more about it there. :) Again, no pressure just a fun invite for you to show your talent and maybe make some green, if you know what I mean. :) I hope all is going well with you!! :) Have a great week! Ttyl!